Saturday, December 29, 2007

I love Tigers

Tiger, I get excited when I hear this word. It's a beautiful, alluring, cute...... I believe mere adjectives won't help define this majestic cat. I am not an environmental consultant. I ain't a member of WWF nor I a friend of Valmik Thapar or Latika Rana. Wondering who they are? Good. They are wildlife experts and conservationists. I hung my head in shame when I see the committed efforts of people like them.

Somtime back, I wrote an e-mail to the then president of India, his excellency Mr APJ Abdul Kalam. Rediff.com had given me the privilege to wish Dr Kalam on his birthday. Seizing this opportunity, I wished him a happy birthday and also conveyed him a message to do something to save Tigers. Still wondering if my message was read? I don't know.


I once asked a famous film actress, also a founder of an Animal rights organisation, about the fate of Tigers. "We will not see Tigers in future" pat came the reply. Though I anticipated this reply from her, I once believed that the world for sure knows this truth. What and how could someone have heart to kill an animal? I feel helpless for those animals, slaughtered for meat. I say this not because I am a vegetarian. Perhaps, if you witness the way these dumb, innocent little animals are killed for delicacy, you'd change your mind. Their cry makes me cry. I am emotionally strong, but this is an exception.

India boasts, as the only country in the world, to have Tigers and Lions. (wondering what about Africa? Well, Africa has Lions, but no Tigers) Sadly, the world Tiger population doesn't exceed 2000. The fickle Tiger count gives miserable figure year after year.

So far, I have done nothing to save this animal. I am trying. I would want to visit Kanha National Park, where Kipling wrote Jungle Book. I wish to see a tiger in the wild. Someday, somehow.

Here are some of my creations. Please feel free to distribute these messages.




© All rights reserved with Abhishek Naini. No form of this may be reproduced without prior permission from the author.

Seja o primeiro a comentar