Thursday, January 3, 2008

The year that wasn't...

And there it goes! Poof! Another year..

It inadvertently hits me everytime I see a new calender. I ponder on the years that rolled. I sit back and think, where did the 90s go? I mean, its over, but when? I feel like composing a sequel to Bryan Adam's summer of 69. He had rightfully expressed his feelings in that all time great number.

I don't like to celebrate parties and welcome the brand new year. I feel, each year, it worsens my nostalgia. During my early teens, I used to get excited about new year, because it gave an opportunity for me and my friends to hang out one complete night, be it on terrace, or at someone's place, eat junk chips, burger, drink countless glasses of cool drinks- yes no correction needed there, it IS cool drink and not anything else.( even now I do not booze, if you think somethings wrong with me, maybe it is).

As years rolled by, I realized that its not the number of years that makes one grow old, its the experience that counts. I would never know if this blog will continue till 2009, but it shall certainly add one more nostalgic moment in my life.

Let me see what I go through this 2008! Will write some more thoughts later. Feeling sleepy now!


© All rights reserved with Abhishek Naini. No form of this may be reproduced without prior permission from the author.

Seja o primeiro a comentar